How To Breathe-A Book By Ashley Neese
“Let’s face it, we all feel tired at times and need an extra pick-me-up. Whether you’re kicking that a.m. caffeine habit, dragging the kids off to school, or feeling a midday lull coming on, the Energy Breath is a fun way to engage your breath and body for an anytime uplifting boost”
I can relate to Ashley’s book quote above 100%, and use this Breath technique all the time! It’s easy to do sitting as well as standing and I do this sitting at my desk during the day while working. It not only gives me a boost of much needed energy, but relieves stress as well. This is defiantly a Breath technique I enjoy doing.
Do this technique standing up, three minutes
- Take your position.
- Set your practice intention.
- Sit or stand tall, lengthening the spine.
- Rest your arms at your sides.
- Inhale through your nose and lift your arms up to the sky.
- Inhale deeply; as you exhale, bend your elbows and pull your arms down so that your hands are aligned with your head.
- Inhale and raise your arms back up, exhale and bring them down.
- Repeat this practice for one full minute.
- When finished, release your arms all the way down and rest for another minute.
- Close your practice.
To learn more about wellness tools check out our Wellness Center virtually or in person.
Administrative Assistant/Peer Recovery Specialist